Monday, August 4, 2014

Looking Ahead: August in the Life of Ragin' Randy

Wow! This summer has been such a wild ride, and things are still taking off for me here at Ragin' Randy! After a rockin' weekend of some great local music and some top notch jammin' in Pelham, Alabama, August still has a lot more to offer! Let's take a look at what's coming up next:

So far, there are two big album releases coming up this month. Both actually come out on the same day! Kyle Hollingsworth, keyboardist for The String Cheese Incident, will be releasing his third solo studio album Speed Of Life on August 19. Stay tuned for my review coming up in the next week or two. Also released on August 19 is New Orleans prog-funk band Earphunk's new album Sweet Nasty. I'm hoping to review that one, but it is not official yet.

Now, the REALLY good stuff! I have a couple weeks off from shows, but later on this month, the fun begins! On August 20, I'll be heading to see Crosby, Stills & Nash at The Orpheum Theatre, followed by Southern Brewers Festival that weekend (Aug. 22-23) in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The festival will feature moe.SouliveGreensky BluegrassGov't Mule and more. Finally, I'll round off August with Memphis Electronic Music & Arts Festival (M.E.M.Fest) on August 30-31, which will feature a host of local electronic music artists, as well as some of the biggest names in bass music! Look for my reviews of both of these festivals!

Also, keep your eyes out this week for photos from The Groove Orient w/The Chinese Connection Dub Embassy & Agori Tribe, as well as photos from Phish in Pelham!

If you'd like me to review your album or show, please email me at randyharris1228@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment